The strategy is titled Rosneft-2030: reliable energy and global energy transition.
In particular, the company plans to implement the following measures until 2030:
- 25% reduction in Scope 1 and 2 emissions compared to 2020 as well as additional measures on carbon natural sequestration, capture, and storage. As an intermediate goal, the company plans to cut emissions by 5% by 2025
- Reaching zero industrial flaring of associated oil gas, 5 years earlier than initially planned.
- Reduce methane emissions intensity to below 0,2%;
- Graduate transfer of the company’s corporate fleet to low carbon fuels;
- Development of gas-based motor fuels stations as well as electric charging points at Rosneft’s retail network
- Production and sales of aviation fuels with reduced carbon footprint